Sending Office: Honorable Jason Crow
Become an Original Cosponsor of the Bicameral
Medical Supply Transparency and Delivery Act
House leads: Crow, Slotkin, Ryan, Porter
House original cosponsors (11): Schneider, Scanlon, Garcia, Espaillat, Craig, Tonko, Roybal-Allard, Tlaib, Malinowski, Neguse, Sent
Senate leads: Baldwin, Murphy, Schumer
Senate original cosponsors (43): Bennet, Blumenthal, Booker, Brown, Cantwell, Cardin, Carper, Casey, Coons, Cortez Masto, Duckworth, Durbin, Feinstein, Gillibrand, Harris, Hassan,
Heinrich, Hirono, Jones, Kaine, King, Klobuchar, Leahy, Manchin, Markey, Menedez, Merkley, Murray, Peters, Reed, Rosen, Sanders, Schatz, Shaheen, Smith, Stabenow, Tester, Udall, Van Hollen, Warner, Warren Whitehouse, Wyden
Endorsements: AFL-CIO, SEIU, the National Nurses United, and United Steelworkers
Our country is in the midst of a pandemic that we have not seen the likes of for 100 years. The COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in over a million Americans infected and, tragically, tens of thousands of lives lost. Our frontline health care workers are doing
everything in their power to stem the tide of the disease in hospitals and nursing homes, while essential workers are keeping food on our tables and our homes supplied during this lockdown. Despite their best efforts, the system to provide personal protective
equipment (PPE), sanitizer, testing components, and more, have not been able to keep up with the exponential increase in demand. Our essential workers are being forced to reuse
PPE, lack sufficient components for mass testing, and are often forced to procure
their own materials due to a lack of a federal strategy.
We can do better. That is why we are introducing the Medical Supply Transparency and Delivery Act. We must ensure that our nation’s strategy to manufacture, procure, and deliver urgent supplies and equipment is coordinated and organized
such that our communities are getting the resources they need, and we are not fighting each other over resources. Our bill does the
- Requires publicly reported national assessments on a weekly basis to determine national critical equipment supply and requirements.
- Establishes an Executive Officer (E.O.) to oversee acquisition and logistics for COVID-19 equipment production and delivery. The E.O. will be responsible for issuing major purchase orders under DPA for supplies identified in the assessments, oversee all
distribution of critical medical supplies, and make recommendations to the President on increasing national production capacity of supplies.
- Enhances transparency by requiring the E.O. to publicly post all states’ requests for assistance, metrics, and criteria for amount and destination of distribution, metrics for determining hotspots and areas of future concern, and production and procurement
- Requires a comprehensive plan for COVID–19 testing, including viral and antibody testing.
- Establishes a comprehensive plan to address necessary supply chain issues in order to rapidly scale up production of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Requires a GAO report to identify lessons learned and make recommendations on future pandemic response.
- Establishes an Inspector General to oversee implementation of the bill.
Please join on as an original cosponsor of our effort and help our country secure the supplies our constituents desperately need to fight COVID-19. To be added as an original cosponsor, please fill out THIS
FORM or contact Jon Green (Jon.Green@mail.house.gov) in Rep. Jason Crow’s office.
Jason Crow Elissa Slotkin Tim Ryan Katie Porter
Member of Congress Member of Congress Member of Congress Member of Congress
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0