Sending Office: Honorable Mark DeSaulnier
Please join me in supporting a bill to promote evidence-based solutions to the gun violence epidemic.
The Gun Safety Board and Research Act (H.R. 4177) both produces and supports research into gun violence and treats it like the public health epidemic it is. The Board would be composed of expert members from law enforcement, public health, research, medicine,
gun manufacturing, victim advocates, nonprofits, and federal agencies. Using its Board member and staff expertise, the newly-created Board would use its $25 million annual budget to:
- Conduct original research about reducing gun violence;
- Make policy recommendations for potential federal, state, and local action to reduce gun violence;
- Evaluate federal and state laws and proposals aimed at reducing gun violence;
- Identify gaps in gun violence research that should be filled; and
- Provide grants to conduct additional research and educate the public about gun violence.
This bill helps reintroduce quality research into the gun violence prevention debate which will help us rise above partisan politics and get to the root of the problem. If you have questions or would like to support the bill, please contact Mia Mazer at
Member of Congress
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0