Sending Office: Committee on Appropriations
As Chair of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Legislative Branch, I want to make you aware of the subcommittee’s procedures for receiving Members’ programmatic and language submissions for consideration in the fiscal year 2021 appropriations bill. Members
must transmit submissions to the Subcommittee via electronic form, and in addition must upload a letter to the appropriations submission system confirming those entries.
- The electronic submission system can be found at
https://AppropriationsSubmissions.house.gov. The system will be available to accept submissions starting February 13.
- The deadline for submissions for the Subcommittee on Legislative Branch is 6pm on March 20, 2020.
The Appropriations Committee anticipates moving forward with drafting its bills expeditiously to assure their availability for consideration by the House. As you prepare your submissions, please note the following guidelines:
- All submissions must be made electronically at
https://AppropriationsSubmissions.house.gov. Only submissions received electronically will be considered. Hard-copy submissions are not required and will not be accepted.
- Submissions must include an uploaded letter signed by the Member supporting the Member’s request. Letters should simply list and describe each submission briefly. Letters may be either an individual letter for each request or a consolidated letter for multiple
requests made to this subcommittee. Please note that the Member request website again allows consolidated letters to be uploaded only once, so that a letter with multiple requests does not need to be uploaded multiple times.
- The electronic system will require members to assign a priority rank order to all their submissions for this subcommittee. The Subcommittee will review your priority rankings based on what you entered into the database.
- Additionally, Members can rank their top ten requests across all subcommittees. It is strongly recommended that Members identify their top ten requests before beginning to enter requests.
- For requests with multiple Member cosponsors, each cosponsor must enter the same request into the online database. In addition, each cosponsor should either scan or upload a copy of the group request letter, or include the group request in a consolidated
letter of all the Member’s requests for the Subcommittee.
- The electronic system allows Members to access submissions made in previous years, so you may review those submissions if that is helpful.
Thank you for your interest in the programs and activities of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Legislative Branch. If you have any general questions or require further information, please contact the Subcommittee staff at (202) 226-7252. Technical
questions related specifically to the operation of the system should be directed to the Committee’s IT office at (202) 225-2718.
I look forward to working with you as the fiscal year 2021 appropriations process begins.
Chairman, Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0