Sending Office: Honorable Katie Porter
Staff Invite: Briefing on the Pediatric Mental Health Crisis
Please see the attached invitation for an upcoming briefing on pediatric mental health.
Member of Congress
The Pediatric Mental Health Crisis
Providing Critical Care for our Nation’s Kids
Monday, February 3, 2020
2 PM – 3:30 PM
According to the CDC, 1 in 5 children ages 3 through 17 — about 15 million — have a diagnosable mental, emotional or behavioral disorder. But very few of these children actually receive the care they need. In fact, only 20% are diagnosed or receive care.
Join us for a briefing with pediatric mental health providers and experts from across the country for a discussion of the crisis in pediatric mental health care and innovative solutions to increase access to these essential services.
We will be joined by:
- Dr. Heather C. Huszti, PhD, Chief Psychologist, Children’s Hospital of Orange County
- Anish Ranjan Dube, MD, MPH, Vice Chair of the American Psychiatric Association’s Council on Children, Adolescents and their Families, Orange County Health Care Agency, and Clinical Faculty and the University of California, Irvine
- Alfiee Breland-Noble, PhD, MHSc, Founder and Board President, the AAKOMA Project
- Thomas Boat, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Dean Emeritus, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Eve Reider, PhD, NIMH Associate Director for Prevention Research
Please RSVP to Jessica.Seigel@mail.house.gov.
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0