Sending Office: Honorable Jeff Fortenberry
We invite you to join the House Trails Caucus, a geographically diverse, bipartisan initiative to increase awareness about America’s trails – trails that traverse every Congressional district.
Trails in our country are sometimes taken for granted, but they have a profound impact on individuals and communities, both rural and urban. America’s trails provide countless benefits to our nation, including:
- Opportunities for physical activity and a healthy lifestyle, improving health and longevity and decreasing the cost of healthcare for both individuals and businesses;
- Significant economic development for communities;
- A celebration of our nation’s natural heritage as well as our historic and military heritage;
- Access to public lands for hunters, anglers, hikers, and others who enjoy outdoor recreation; and
- A simple and healthy mode of transportation.
The mission of the House Trails Caucus is to provide a forum for interested Members of Congress to work together for the creation and conservation of our natural landscape and recreation activities through the preservation of trails.
The Caucus fulfills its mission by hosting briefings and informational events and providing general support for legislative and regulatory initiatives that support the creation and upkeep of trails throughout the United States. It also is a forum for information
sharing between Members, staff and stakeholders about relevant policies, as well as information about recreational hiking, bicycling, and other trail activities in a Member’s community.
If you would like to become a member of the House Trails Caucus, or if you have any questions,
please contact Kevin Stockert in Rep. Blumenauer’s office at (5-4811) or Alan Feyerherm in Rep. Fortenberry’s office at (5-4806).
Rep. Earl Blumenauer Rep. Jeff Fortenberry
Co-Chair, House Trails Caucus Co-Chair, House Trails Caucus
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0