Sending Office: Honorable Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Endorsing organizations (Pending final resolution language):
Sierra Club, 1199 SEIU, 32BJ SEIU, Sunrise Movement, Justice Democrats, Working Families Party, People’s Action, Center for Popular Democracy, Justice First, Green For All, 350.org, CREDO Action, Indivisible, Demos, Honor the Earth,
Labor Network for Sustainability, National Domestic Workers Alliance, Organic Consumers Association, Presente.org, Women’s March, Bold Alliance, March for Science, NextGen America, Seeding Sovereignty, Avaaz, Solutions Project
Senate companion introduced by Sen. Ed Markey
Over the last few months, we’ve been working with many of the groups and activists who helped to create a movement around the Green New Deal to further flesh out what the Green New Deal would entail. Next week, we plan to release a resolution that outlines
the scope and scale of the Green New Deal. In it, we call for a national, social, industrial and economic mobilization at a scale not seen since World War II to:
- Achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions through a fair and just transition for all communities and workers;
- Create millions of good, high-wage jobs and ensure prosperity and economic security for all;
- Invest in U.S. infrastructure and industry to sustainably meet the challenges of the 21st century;
- Secure clean air and water, climate resiliency, healthy food, access to nature and a sustainable environment for all for generations to come;
- Promote justice and equity by preventing current and repairing historic oppression to frontline and vulnerable communities.
The goals set by the Green New Deal resolution will be accomplished through a 10-year plan that takes on a series of industrial and infrastructure projects that will transform every sector of our economy and society. Throughout the resolution, we establish
requirements of justice and economic security to ensure that the society we create through the Green New Deal ensures a new era of shared prosperity for all.
To be added as an original cosponsor, please contact Saikat Chakrabarti at
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0