Sending Office: Walz, Timothy J.
Please join us in being an original cosponsor of the Vet-2-FARM Act of 2018. To keep our agricultural economy strong and ensure that we can feed our growing population, we need to make a greater investment in our next generation of veteran farmers.
Service members departing active service and veterans are an under-tapped population, and the Vet-2-FARM Act will ensure that all new veterans are eligible for support from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The bill also enables community partners and
business to work with veterans interested in agriculture, makes risk management tools like crop insurance more affordable, expands access to land and capital, and prioritizes training and education opportunities for veterans.
Specifically, this legislation:
- Provides veterans with easy access to information about available jobs in agriculture by coordinating between several agencies
- Makes information about apprenticeships, job training, education, and CSP available to veterans through a USDA website
- Requests that the USDA provide a report on veterans employed in agriculture
- Streamlines eligibility requirements to allow all new veterans to benefit from support
- Makes risk management tools more affordable and accessible for farmer veterans
- Improves access to loans and land for veterans starting and expanding their farms
- Prioritizes veteran farmers in training and education programs to help them start and expand their businesses
Tim Walz Jeff Denham
MEMBER OF CONGRESS MEMBER OF CONGRESS
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0