Sending Office: Honorable Jacky Rosen
Co-sponsor the Keeping Our Commitment to Ending
Veteran Homelessness Act of 2018 (H.R. 4898)
Co-sponsors (7): Rosen, Stefanik, Murphy (FL), Westerman, Velázquez, Panetta, Holmes Norton
Endorsed by: U.S.VETS-Las Vegas; Military Veterans Advocacy; Catholic War Veterans of the U.S.
Please join us in co-sponsoring H.R. 4898, the Keeping Our Commitment to Ending Veteran Homelessness Act of 2018, which reauthorizes several key programs that provide outreach and services to homeless veterans that will begin to expire on September 30, 2018
without Congressional action.
H.R. 4898 would reauthorize the following programs:
- Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program: Provides veterans assistance in interview preparation, job search, and job training, in addition to follow-up assistance after placement.
- Homeless Women Veterans and Homeless Veterans with Children Reintegration Program: Provides veterans job training, counseling, placement services, and child care services in order to expedite the reintegration of homeless women veterans
and homeless veterans with children back into the labor force.
- Mental Healthcare for Homeless Veterans: Conducts outreach to homeless veterans, provides care and treatment for medical, psychiatric, and substance use disorders, and refers veterans for supportive services.
- Referral and Counseling Services for Certain Veterans at Risk of Homelessness: Provides veterans with job training counseling, housing placement, access to healthcare, and other benefits to assist veterans in the transition from institutional
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families: Funds grants for supportive services to assist very low-income veterans and their families who are either residing in permanent housing or transitioning from homelessness.
- Housing Assistance for Homeless Veterans: Authorizes the VA to sell, lease, lease with the option to buy, or donate properties to nonprofit organizations and state government agencies that will use the property as homeless shelters for
veterans and their families.
- Grants and Per Diem (GPD) Homeless Veterans with Special Needs: Allows VA to award grants to community-based agencies to create transitional housing programs and offer per diem payments. GPD Special Needs funding assists with operating
costs of services for women, the chronically mentally ill, and those with minor dependents.
- Advisory Committee on Homeless Veterans: Provides advice to the VA Secretary on benefits and services the VA provides to homeless veterans.
If you have any questions or are interested in becoming a co-sponsor, please contact Robert Waisanen in Congresswoman Rosen’s office at
firstname.lastname@example.org and (5-3252) or Lauren Canfield in Congresswoman Stefanik’s office at
email@example.com and (5-4611).
Jacky Rosen Elise M. Stefanik
Member of Congress Member of Congress
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0