Sending Office: Committee on Rules
AMENDMENT PROCESS FOR
H.R. 5515 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019
I would like to remind all Members that amendments to H.R. 5515, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 are due by
10:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 17th. Last year, the Committee received 440 amendments to the bill.
To avoid long wait times on Thursday and to assist the Committee with processing the large volume of amendments, I strongly encourage all Members to submit any appropriately formatted amendments ASAP.
The process for submitting amendments remains the same as previously announced.
- Members should draft their amendments to the
text of Rules Committee Print 115-70, which contains the text of H.R. 5515 as ordered reported by the Armed Services Committee.
- Members must submit a searchable electronic copy of the amendment, which should be provided by the Office of Legislative Counsel, via the Rules Committee’s
- Members must also submit 30 hard copies of the amendment, one copy of a brief explanation, and an
amendment login form.
- Both electronic and hard copies must be received by the date and time specified.
- Members should use the Office of Legislative Counsel to ensure that their amendments are drafted in the most appropriate format.
- Members should check with the Office of the Parliamentarian and the Committee on the Budget to be certain their amendments comply with the rules of the House and the Congressional Budget Act.
If you have any questions, please contact myself or Alec Davis of the Committee staff at 225-9191.
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0