Sending Office: Honorable Earl Blumenauer
WHAT: Place, Story & Culture: Protecting Latino American Cultural & Historic Places Briefing
WHEN: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 from 12:00pm-1:00pm
WHERE: Rayburn 2247
*LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED*
By now, you should have received an invitation to “Place, Story & Culture: Protecting Latino American Cultural & Historic Places,” a briefing sponsored by the Hispanic Access Foundation in conjunction with the Congressional Historic Preservation Caucus.
This briefing will highlight the Hispanic Access Foundation report entitled “Place, Story & Culture: A Top 10 List of Sites Important to Latinos in Need of Protection” and the
existing tools in place to preserve cultural and historic sites. The speakers will discuss the report and the importance of historic preservation of Latino histories and the role of the Historic Preservation Fund in assisting communities to protect their heritage.
– Manuel Galaviz, Anthropology Doctoral Candidate, University of Texas at Austin
– Norma Hartell, Curator, Las Cruces City Museum
– Jessica Loya, Government Relations/Public Affairs Associate, Hispanic Access Foundation
– Ashely Ann-Rivera, Latino Heritage Scholar, Hispanic Access Foundation
– Tom Cassidy, Vice President for Government Relations and Policy, National Trust for Historic Preservation
Please RSVP to Jessica Loya at Jessica@hispanicaccess.org.
|Earl Blumenauer||Mike Turner|
|Member of Congress||Member of Congress|
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0