Sending Office: Honorable Paul Tonko
Sustainable Energy and Environmental Funding in FY18 & FY19:
An Analysis of Key Agency Budgets and Concerning Policy Riders
Friday, January 26, 2018
1:30 – 2:30 PM
We write to invite your staff to a briefing this Friday, January 26 at 1:30 PM that will be focused on energy and environmental concerns in upcoming budget and appropriation debates. Speakers will walk through funding concerns related to key agency budgets
and potential policy riders in preparation for the continuing FY18 funding debate and the expected release of the President’s FY19 Budget. The briefing will take place in Rayburn House Office Building, room 2456.
Below is a list of panelists who will be joining us and the topics they will be covering.
Overview and DOI: Jonathan Asher – Senior Representative, The Wilderness Society
- Jonathan is Senior Representative at The Wilderness Society and Chair of the Green Group’s Budget and Appropriations subcommittee. He is a former hill staffer and former Obama administration appointee at EPA.
DOE: Elizabeth Noll – Deputy Director of Congressional and External Affairs for Climate and Clean Energy, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Elizabeth is NRDC’s lead on clean energy policies and programs, and tracks closely DOE budgeting. She has a strong history in energy policy in both the private and nonprofit sectors.
EPA: George Wyeth – Former EPA Office of General Council and Visiting Scholar GW Law School – Environmental Protection Network
- George Wyeth is an attorney and policy analyst who left EPA in February 2017 after a 27-year career at the agency. He is currently a visiting scholar at George Washington University Law School and serves as an officer of the American Bar Association’s Section
on Energy, Environment and Resources.
NOAA / Oceans: Addie Haughey – Associate Director of Government Relations, Ocean Conservancy
- Addie is an attorney and serves as Associate Director of Government Relations for the Ocean Conservancy where she leads budget and appropriations efforts for the organization, and has a strong history in the advocacy community previously working for Defenders
Policy Riders: Clarence Tong – Senior Manager for Legislative Affairs, Environmental Defense Fund
- Clarence serves as the Senior Manager for Legislative Affairs for the Environmental Defense Fund, and is a former hill staffer and former Obama administration appointee at the Department of Energy.
If you have questions or would like to RSVP, please contact SEEC’s Executive Director, Maria Laverdiere (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Rep. Doris Matsui Rep. Gerald E. Connolly
SEEC Co-Chair SEEC Co-Chair
Rep. Paul Tonko Rep. Mike Quigley
SEEC Co-Chair SEEC Vice-Chair
Rep. Matt Cartwright
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0