Sending Office: Honorable Tom Marino
I invite you to join me in cosponsoring two pieces of legislation that I introduced in response to reports of sexual harassment by Members of Congress. My bills aim to increase transparency, protect taxpayer funds, and continue to preserve victim privacy.
These two pieces of legislation are small, but important steps, to reforming this broken and secretive process.
- Prohibits the use of taxpayer dollars for payments of awards and settlements in connection with acts of sexual harassment committed by Members of Congress.
- Requires mandatory consideration by the House or Senate Ethics Committees for expulsion from Congress.
- Require the repayment of any taxpayer dollars that were used to settle a sexual harassment claim against a Congressman or Senator, including interest.
- Require the Office of Compliance to publish a report listing all past and future awards and settlements against a Member of Congress relating to sexual harassment, including the identity of the Congressman or Senator while protecting the identity of the
- Prohibit the requirement of a nondisclosure agreement in order to reach a settlement.
- Release prior victims of sexual assault from nondisclosure agreements, allowing them to publicly share their story if they choose.
If you have any questions or would like to become a cosponsor of either H.R. 4458 or H.R. 4540, please contact Judd Smith in my office at
email@example.com or 202-225-3731.
Member of Congress
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0