Sending Office: Honorable Trent Franks
As the crisis in Burma escalates, the International Religious Freedom Caucus invites you to attend a briefing on the current state of this humanitarian disaster. In this briefing we will discuss the roots of the divide in the Rakhine state, how the current
catastrophe began and has since evolved, and what Congress can do to stop the persecution of the Rohingya and prevent it in the future.
WHEN: October 31 from 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
WHERE: Rayburn 2103
- Jennifer Quigley – Advocacy Strategist, Human Rights First
- Tun Khin – President, Burmese Rohingya Organization UK
- Naomi Kikoler – Deputy Director, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Skye Wheeler – Researcher, Human Rights Watch
- Simon Billenness – International Campaign for the Rohingya
The Nexus Fund will have its award winning virtual reality film “Behind the Fence” available for viewing as well giving you the chance to walk through a Rohingya prison camp in Burma. If you have
any question about the event please reach out to Matthew Eagan or Miranda Robinson Matthew.Eagan@mail.house.gov or Miranda.Robinson@mail.house.gov We hope
you will join us for an informative discussion with an incredible panel of experts.
Trent Franks & Juan Vargas
Co-Chairmen of the International Religious Freedom Caucus
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0