Sending Office: Honorable Doug LaMalfa
American Food for American Schools
Support American Food for American Schools and help ensure that taxpayer dollars are used to provide school children the nutritious, domestically produced food that they deserve.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017 | 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
1302 Longworth House Office Building
Congressmen LaMalfa and Garamendi invite you to a briefing event aimed at promoting an informed dialogue to help Members and staff better understand the Buy American requirements in the National School Lunch Act as well as legislative efforts to strengthen
transparency and enforceability of those requirements.
- Randy Aussenberg, Specialist in Nutrition Assistance Policy, Congressional Research Service
- Sarah Smith-Holmes, Director of Program Monitoring in Child Nutrition, USDA’s Food and Nutrition Service
- Rich Hudgins, President, California Canning Peach Association
- Jim Gilmore, Director of Public Affairs, At-sea Processors Association, Seattle, WA
- Erin Primer, CDM, CFPP, Director of Food Services, San Luis Coastal Unified School District, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa (schedule permitting)
- Congressman John Garamendi (schedule permitting)
If your boss would like to attend, please RSVP to Colleen McGowan in LaMalfa’s office at
Colleen.McGowan@mail.house.gov or Garrett Durst in Garamendi’s office at
Garrett.Durst@mail.house.gov. Staff members are welcome. Response is not required for attendance.
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0