Sending Office: Committee on Natural Resources – Minority Staff
Monumental Mistake: The Implications of President Trump’s Executive Order on National Monuments
Thursday, June 8, 2017
3:00 P.M-4:00 P.M.
340 Cannon House Office Building
Please join the House Committees on Natural Resources, Small Business and Veterans’ Affairs for a member forum on National Monuments and the Antiquities Act. The forum, titled,
“A Monumental Mistake: The Implications of President Trump’s Executive Order on National Monuments”, will examine the recreational, preservation and economic benefits of national monument designations under the Antiquities Act and
recent action by the Trump Administration that threaten to roll back hard-won protections for places like the Upper Missouri River Breaks, Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks, Bears Ears, Grand Butte, Katahadin Woods and Waters, and San Gabriel Mountains. The forum
will be held in 340 Cannon HOB on June 8, 2017 at 3:00 P.M.
- Hugo Tureck, Rancher, President of the Friends of the Missouri Breaks and Former Chairman of the Bureau of Land Management’s Central Montana Resource Advisory Council
- Megan Duffy, Store Manager, Patagonia Washington
- Carrie Hamblen, CEO and President of the Las Cruces Green Chamber of Commerce
- Robert Vessels, Iraq and Afghanistan war US Army veteran and Director of the Sierra Clubs’ Military Outdoors Initiative
- Robert Garcia, Founding Director-Counsel of the City Project
For more information, please contact Bertha Alisia Guerrero via email at
Bertha.Guerrero@mail.house.gov or at ext. 5-6065.
Raúl M. Grijalva
House Committee on Natural Resources
e-Dear Colleague version 2.0