Sending Office: Honorable Paul Tonko
SEEC Briefing: America’s Cities and the Path Forward for Aggressive Climate Action
Monday, May 15, 2017
2:00 – 3:00 PM
441 Cannon House Office Building
Please join the Sustainable Energy and Environment Coalition (SEEC) and the Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance (CNCA) for a discussion about what cities are doing to achieve long-term, aggressive carbon reduction goals.
Subnational actors–especially cities–are one of America’s best hopes for aggressive climate action. We can’t afford for climate policy to wait another four years for more aggressive action. Leading cities, like those of the
Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance (CNCA), are stepping up and moving quickly toward more livable, sustainable, renewably-powered cities, irrespective of the Trump Administration’s lack of support.
CNCA members Boston, New York, Washington DC and San Francisco will update staff on the decarbonization work happening at the local level, and the federal policies that would support their efforts. Speakers will include:
- Austin Blackmon, Chief, Environment and Energy Office, City of Boston
- John Lee, Deputy Director, Buildings & Energy Efficiency, Office of Sustainability, New York City
- Bill Updike, Chief, Green Building & Climate Branch, Urban Sustainability Administration, Washington DC Department of Energy & Environment
- Jessie Denver, Energy Program Manager, Department of Environment, City of San Francisco
- Johanna Partin, Director, Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance
With President Trump threatening to pull the United States out of the Paris Agreement and shutting down federal action on climate change, it’s more important now than ever to hear from local governments that are fighting for bold climate action across the
country. Please RSVP to Maria Laverdiere (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are able to attend.
Rep. Doris Matsui Rep. Gerald E. Connolly
SEEC Co-Chair SEEC Co-Chair
Rep. Paul Tonko
Manage Your Subscriptions Account
Contact eDC Support