DEADLINE COB TODAY (4/24)
Current Original Cosponsors: Maloney, Grijalva, Nadler, Napolitano, Tsongas, Crowley, DeLauro, Moore, Pocan, Huffman
Please join us as a cosponsor of the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act (H.R. 996 in the 114th Congress). This legislation would protect and restore the health of whole ecosystems including the animals that graze, the forests that grow, and the watersheds that run through the Northern Rockies. With that goal in mind, this legislation will protect large amounts of land by designating wild and scenic rivers and establishing a system of biological linkage corridors on public lands in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Oregon and Washington.
The Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act will:
- Designate all of the inventoried roadless areas in the Northern Rockies as wilderness, protecting those 23 million acres based on ecosystems, watersheds, and science
- Establish a system to connect biological corridors, ensuring the continued existence of native plants and animals
- Keep water available for ranchers and farmers downstream until later in the season when it is most needed
- Allow for historic uses such as hunting, fishing and firewood gathering
- Protects forest canopies that absorb greenhouse gases
Note that NREPA does NOT affect private land.
The Wild Rockies are America’s living national treasure, and we must do everything possible to preserve the pristine area so they can be enjoyed by future generations of Americans. It’s our responsibility to preserve these treasures. I hope you will join this effort by cosponsoring NREPA.
To cosponsor or for more information, please have your staff contact Chris Gorud (Rep. Maloney) by email or at 5-7944.
|CAROLYN B. MALONEY
||RAÚL M. GRIJALVA