From: The Honorable Beto O’Rourke
Border Issues Briefing: Perspectives from Border Community Leaders
Please join the Southern Border Communities Coalition for a briefing on Tuesday, April 4th from 10am-11am in 2103 Rayburn by a panel of southern border community leaders, including elected officials, law enforcement, faith
and civil society representatives. In this briefing, leaders will share their thoughts on how the border wall and other measures currently under consideration by Congress will impact the millions who call the border region home, as well as recommendations
for funding and policy decisions to keep the border region safe and help border communities thrive.
Speakers will include:
· Chief Manuel Rodriguez, National City Police Department (National City, CA)
· Andrea Guerrero, Executive Director at Alliance San Diego and Southern Border Communities Coalition co-chair (San Diego, CA)
· Mayor Robert Uribe (Douglas, Arizona)
· Reverend Mark Adams, Frontera de Cristo (Douglas, Arizona)
· Rep. Angelica Rubio, State Representative (New Mexico)
· Maria Cordero, Organizer, ACLU (Brownsville, Texas)
We hope you can join for this important and timely briefing. To RSVP, click
Please contact Jennifer Johnson (email@example.com) with any questions.
*The Southern Border Communities Coalition is a network of 60+ organizations from San Diego, CA to Brownsville, TX that have come together to promote fair, accountable border enforcement policies and advance measures to improve the quality of life in