From: The Honorable Doug Lamborn
Bill: H.R. 611
I encourage you to co-sponsor the VA Accountability First and Appeals Modernization Act of 2017 (H.R. 611).
VA Accountability First and Appeals Modernization Act of 2016 bill passed the House last Fall with a strong
bipartisan vote of 310 – 116 (including 69 Democrats), but never passed the Senate.
- The White House made it clear over the weekend that
this is a top priority for the Trump Administration.
- H.R. 611, the House companion to
S.152, which Sen. Rubio
introduced last week, would:
- Provide real accountability, allow the VA Secretary to immediately remove or demote VA employees based on performance or misconduct
- Reduce retirement benefits for senior VA employees convicted of felonies
- Prohibit bonuses for senior VA officials
- Reform the broken appeals process for veterans with claims for service-connected disabilities
For more information or to be added as a cosponsor, please contact Dustin Tipling at Dustin.Tipling@mail.house.gov or x5-7692.
Member of Congress