From: The Honorable Jaime Herrera Beutler
By now you should have received the invite below from the Coalition to Advance Maternal Therapeutics – hope you can join us!
The Coalition to Advance Maternal Therapeutics
In Cooperation With
Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler and Rep. Kathy Castor
Reps. Jaime Herrera Beutler and Lucille Roybal-Allard
Co-chairs, Maternity Care Caucus
Invite you to a Congressional Briefing
Are my medications safe during pregnancy? While breastfeeding? Safe Medications for Moms & Babies
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
2358-C Rayburn Building
Join us for cookies!
Each year, nearly four million women in the United States give birth and more than three million breastfeed their infants. Nearly all of these women will take a medication or receive a vaccine. Yet not enough is known about the effect of most drugs on a
woman and her pregnancy, or the ways in which pregnancy may alter the uptake, metabolism and effect of medication. As more women with chronic diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension, depression and asthma are becoming pregnant, safe and effective medications
to manage these ongoing conditions throughout their pregnancy and beyond are needed.
This briefing will discuss the need for more and better information for health care providers and pregnant women on the use of medications during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Our expert speakers will explore the current state of research
in pregnancy and breastfeeding, the use of medications during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and the patient perspective.
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA), co-author of the Safe Medications for Moms & Babies Act
- Rep. Kathy Castor (D-FL), co-author of the Safe Medications for Moms & Babies Act
- Laura Riley, MD Past President, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Chair of Labor & Delivery at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Amina White, MD Ob-gyn and bioethicist, UNC Healthcare, Chapel Hill, NC
- Sarah Reece-Stremtan, MD, Board of Directors, Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine and pediatric anesthesiologist, Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Jamie Zahlaway Belsito, Advocate and Advocacy Chair, National Coalition for Maternal Mental Health
RSVP to: Katie Schubert at email@example.com
*This is a widely attended event*