From: The Honorable Stevan Pearce
Sent By: email@example.com
Staff Briefing on Educational and Cultural Exchange Programs
What international exchange and study abroad opportunities are available for your constituents?
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
10:30 – 11:30am
Coffee and pastries provided
Join the newly-formed Congressional International Exchange and Study Caucus, co-chaired by Rep. Steve Pearce (R-NM) and Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT), to find out about the vast array of international education and exchange programs available to American students and professionals.
Five experts from the international exchange community will provide detailed information on educational and cultural exchange programs implemented across the United States and abroad, including: youth and high school exchange programs; professional and citizen exchange programs; academic exchange programs, including university and college programs, study abroad programs, and foreign language study programs; and inbound J-1 private sector exchange programs.
The panelists will also discuss the impact of exchanges on U.S. foreign policy and national security.
Speakers at the briefing include:
- Ilir Zherka, Executive Director, Alliance for International Exchange
- Keri Dooley, Chief Government Relations Officer, AFS-USA
- Jennifer Clinton, President, Global Ties U.S.
- Jill Welch, Deputy Executive Director for Public Policy, NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Christine La Monica-Lunn, President and CEO, InterExchange
- Amb. Richard LeBaron, Atlantic Council Fellow and Former U.S. Ambassador to Kuwait
To RSVP, contact Jacci Guy (Rep. Pearce) at 5-2365, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Justin Meuse (Rep. Himes) at 5-5541, email@example.com